Principles of Crimping Technology – Compendium
File format: PDF (A4/637 pages)
File name (Download): SP-01-EN-Crimping-Technology.zip
"Principles of Crimping Technology - Compendium" is the harness makers reference book about cable connections.
Everything on the subject of crimping is explained illustratively and in detail. From cutting cables to stripping to crimping. From working with hand tools to fully automatic machines. From the preparation to the testing of crimp connections. Problems and errors that may occur and how to solve or avoid them. We look at the different types of crimp terminals and their characteristics.
Contents of the reference book "Principles of Crimping Technology - Compendium"
- Introduction: the technologies in cable processing
- The conductor: handling, preparation, cutting, dismantling, stripping
- Crimping: the open crimp barrel
- Test methods and application
- Machine technology
- Crimping applicators (MQC) - Open crimp barrel
- Hand tools in wire processing - cutting & stripping
- Hand crimping tools: processing of open crimp barrels.
- The closed crimp barrel
- Wire end ferrules
- Turned contacts - four indent crimp
- Insulated cable lugs
- Cable lugs & crimp connectors
- Splicing technology
- Assembly & disassembly of crimp contacts
- Crimping technology - process instructions
- Getting a grip on crimp quality - How to start?
Update: This reference book will be updated or extended as required in line with ongoing technical evolution. These updates are free of charge. With the website https://crimppedia.com we have created a constantly growing knowledge database. After a free registration we activate additional download areas for you, where you can access, in the context of your order, further documentation, information, picture and graphic material, templates, and much more.
Important: All information in this documentation is either excerpts from designated standards or the result of practical tests and empirical values and does not claim to be complete. All information is without guarantee and does not relieve the user of his own responsibility and duty of care towards his applications! The illustrated machines and production equipment serve to better illustrate the individual topics and are not to be understood as a purchase recommendation! Any questions? Send us an e-mail!